Charlton Pre-school was established in 1967 and has been operating in the village of Charlton, for the past 40 years. The Pre-school offers educational care for children in the local area aging from 2-5 years inclusive. The facility is a registered charity and approved by the Ofsted authority to provide this care.
The sessions currently offered by the Pre-school run from 9am till 3pm five days a week (Mon-Fri).
The Pre-school is run by an elected Committee which parents are encouraged to become actively involved in. There are currently 4 qualified staff on the payroll.
The Playgroup is funded via 3 main sources,
- Childcare vouchers from Northampton County Council
- Fees paid by parents/carers.
- Fundraising events held during the year.
Charlton Pre-school aims to:
- Provide high quality care and education for children primarily below statutory school age
- Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop
- Add to the life and well- being of the local community
- Offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity
As a member of Charlton Pre-school, your child:
- Is in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- Is given generous care and attention, because of our high ratio of adults to children
- Has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together
- Is helped to forward her/his learning and development by being encouraged to build on what she/he already knows and can do
- Has a personal key worker who is responsible for your child’s development
- Is in a playgroup which see you as a partner in helping your child to learn and develop
- Your child will undertake some formal development activity but with more focus on the importance of learning through play.